Sunday, April 5, 2009

Zero not himself...

My wife and I visited the Milwaukee County Zoo earlier today for "family free day."

Most of the bears were still hibernating (black, brown, grizzly) except for the star bear. I am speaking of the zoo's polar bear, Zero. You may recall that this past fall, Zero did just that...fell (into the moat). A safety net broke his fall and he decided to stay down in the moat area for a few weeks. Zoo staff eventually had to tranquilize him and hoist him back up to the main area with a crane. (link) (link) (link)

Watching him earlier today, he didn't seem himself - kind of dirty and acting peculiar. I'm wondering if he suffered some sort of brain damage when he fell?

I'll have some pics posted later this weekend...

UPDATED (Apr. 5, 2:23 AM): Here's one I took of Zero...



UPDATED (Apr. 5, 2:48 AM): Here are two that my wife took...

No comments:

Post a Comment